proHNS is providing a full construction inspection and contract administration team on AK DOT&PF’s Sawmill Creek Road project, which will resurface the roadway and make pedestrian improvements between Lake Street and Jeff Davis Street. Our services include project/contract management, project engineering, construction inspection, office engineering, SWPPP inspection, materials testing, and more. We are also partnering with subcontractors North 57, Morris Engineering, and SGS Associates to provide surveying, electrical inspection, and CPM schedule review, respectively.
Project improvements include:
- Widening the sidewalks
- Adding bike lanes on both sides of the road
- Replacing school zone flashers and highway lighting
- Installing bump-outs around existing utility poles for ADA compliance
- Replacing underground storm drains
- Installing four crosswalks with flashing beacons, new signage, and additional lighting along the corridor
- Installing a concrete median at the DeGroff Street intersection
For updates and more information, visit the project website.